Monday, 17 October 2011

Prelim evaluation

I am quite happy with my front cover. Although at the start we had a great deal of problems trying to get photoshop to work, It did eventually work. I think my front cover is very eye catching because of the colours and pattern I used for our background. I think I used a strong image as the main image is very large and has lots of contrasting colours to the background which makes it stand out and easy to see.
Because of the placement of my image it means that it stands out a lot more because there is not too much whitespace. I think there is some so that people are dawn to the picture and nothing else on the cover.
I think the white writing stands out because of the blue background so its very clear and because of the random sized it draws you into reading what it says.
I think the idea of the cover is to persuade the reader to buy and then read the magazine, for this point i think the cover is biased as its trying to get people to read on through the magazine. I have used word and small sentences to connect to the reader on the front by offering things they may be interested in because of the fact they are interested in reading a music magazine. I have used facts and opinions to say things like “free interview with Dave Grohl inside” that is a fact because it will be in the magazine so people will see that and if they are interested in music may want to see what he has said in his interview. In all the writing on the front there is a subtext. the writing on the front is trying to get people to read on through the magazine and make sure they are interested so they read it again. this subtext is fairly clear as almost all magazines have this subtext as they want to sell magazines so they have to draw people in.
I think the background pattern and colours are easy to remember because they are so bright. and easy to see if they where in a news stand. The same color is used through out the magazine cover and that makes you think of it if you ever think of the color because it's all shades and colors of blue.the writing on the front is very casual and is slang I think this layout fits together very well because of the strong pattern in the background and then the picture on top of the pattern, I think the header was a good idea because I don't really like it when magazines dont have that and just have the writing on top of the magazine. I think this layout is slot like other magazines because of the paper size, and also the layout has effected what it looks like because it gives a very magazine feel. I think mine could have gone better if we had more time as we have problems with cameras, photoshop and software like that.    

No comments:

Post a Comment